Thursday, July 30, 2015

WELCOME TOTHE LISA GALLOWAY POETRY BLOG!!

Hello Poetry Lovers!

I love writing Visceral Verse in Owl's Eye View Magazine, and scaring the crap out of everyone.  It's fun, and it gets the ookiness out of my system very effectively. 

But since Dan Wynthrop rescued me, decades ago, from an abusive uncle who regularly raped me, I've grown into a very opinionated woman.  I generally say what I have to say in my poetry, and have been looking to publish those expressions, but Owl's Eye View is a dark fiction magazine.  Much of my poetry is serious, but not horror, therefore I am firing up this blog. 

I realized in my early teens that I preferred the company of women, as friends, and in my bedroom as well.  Dan Wynthrop is one exception, along with the boys I grew up with in his home that became my brothers.  I make an exception for them because they are exceptional men. 

I am also a devout Feminist.  My heroes are women throughout history who have had the guts to stand up to male tyranny and take no shit as they pursued their dreams and forged the way for future generations of women to do the same. 

That's the kind of poetry you will find in this blog.  I hope you find yourself nodding in agreement with the sentiments that I express.  Or even arguing with them, if you're so inclined.  I welcome both applause and debate. 

Welcome, friends! 

Lisa Galloway

No comments:

Post a Comment